When installing a geolocation device in your vehicles, employers must comply with certain obligations. Staff Representative Bodies must be informed or consulted before any decision is made to install a geolocation device in vehicles available to employees. Once the Staff Representatives have been consulted and the process is ready to be set up, every employee must also be informed of the following:
- The identity of the controller,
- The purpose of the process,
- The recipients of the data from the geolocation device,
- Individual right of opposition for legitimate reasons,
- Individual right to access and to rectification
This information can be provided by means of an addendum to the work contract or a memo, for example. Lastly, the employer must register the device implementation with the CNIL.